It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rational Insight 1.0.0.2 installation on RHEL 5.3

Jeoffrey Palacio (1112) | asked Mar 25 '10, 8:57 p.m.
Hi to all,

Good day. I am installing Rational Insight 1.0.0.2 on RHEL 5.3. However, the launchpad.sh uses web browser such as Mozilla for the GUI installation. The problem is that the installation cannot proceed because the IBM Installation Manager is only version 1.3.0. Rational Insight 1.0.0.2 requires IBM Installation Manager 1.3.2.

The error is "IBM rational Insight 1.0.0.2 installation package requires an Installation Manager with a version tolerance of 1.3.2 (Internal version tolerance 1.3.2000. The running installation manager version is 1.3.0 (internal version 1.3.0.20090211_1046"

I click on the recheck status to Update the IBM Installation Manager, however it did not update. I am stuck on this problem. In Windows, it is easy to update using File-->Preference-->Update. But in Linux it is different.

Hope you can help us since this is very critical and already behind schedule.

Thanks,

Jeoff

2 answers

permanent link
Lawrence Mandel (51121) | answered Mar 31 '10, 4:56 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Hi Jeoff,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble updating installation manager. I also usually find that this is easy on Windows. Here is a document that describes how to update Installation Manager to version 1.3.3, which will allow you to install Rational Insight 1.0.0.2.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24024682

Lawrence

permanent link
Jeoffrey Palacio (1112) | answered Apr 21 '10, 5:33 p.m.
Hi Jeoff,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble updating installation manager. I also usually find that this is easy on Windows. Here is a document that describes how to update Installation Manager to version 1.3.3, which will allow you to install Rational Insight 1.0.0.2.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24024682

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for your reply. I already overcome this problem by downloading the latest version of Installation manager and installed it and configured it on our Linux box.

Regards,

Jeoff

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.