It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I join custom attributes

Brandy Guillory (5311925) | asked Aug 12 '13, 6:48 p.m.
edited Aug 12 '13, 6:49 p.m.
I have consulted several articles from jazz on how to create custom attributes. I have created 3 queries- queries 3, 4 5, I added enumerations - enumerations id to query 4 and i added value /name to request string extension in query 5 and  I also tried to link through the join button and when i try to run the report i get an error

RQP-DEF-0103
 Cross joins (between query subjects: [Physical Metadata].[VW_PROJECT_RESOURCE_LOOKUP], [Physical Metadata].[VW_RQST_ENUMERATION], [Request Metrics].[Requests Detail (Total)], [Business View].[Request]) are not permitted for the user who has the identity '*

I am a little confused as to how to properly do the join and then add it to a report.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Aug 13 '13, 4:27 a.m.
Hello Brandy,

the following technotes explain what is a cross join and how to avoid the RQP-DEF-0103 error:
RQP-DEF-0103 Cross joins are not permitted.
Cross Join error when creating a report on query subjects from the business view.

Best Regards
Francesco

Brandy Guillory selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.