It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Moving unstarted task adds 1 millisecond

Keith Mantell (4612417) | asked Mar 24 '10, 10:24 a.m.
Hi,

If we move an unstarted task to a new iteration with "Continue Work" 1 millisecond is added to the estimated time.

Does anyone else see this?

4 answers

permanent link
Keith Mantell (4612417) | answered Mar 24 '10, 10:24 a.m.
Meant to add this is the 2.0.0.2 client

permanent link
Jim McVea (4688) | answered Oct 18 '10, 9:05 a.m.
Meant to add this is the 2.0.0.2 client

My RTC installation (2.0.0.2 iFix 3) is also behaving this way. The extra millisecond started showing up when we migrated from one physical machine to another. Is there some setting that we can tweak to correct this?

This might be minor if you just think of it as "only one extra millisecond", but the extra text that shows up in the planning view causes the estimate column to be wider than it needs to be and creates a cluttered view. The tasks then get reset to the original estimate and everyone subscribed to the work item gets another notification email.

I'd like to understand what causes this behavior and anything that could be done about it if there are any suggestions.

Thanks, Jim

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered Nov 01 '10, 3:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I agree this sounds like a defect to add the millisecond, or at least an odd behavior.

Can someone from the RTC dev team comment?

It happens to me when I do a "Continue work in " action.

permanent link
Don Rota (14932221) | answered Nov 01 '10, 3:03 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
ditto,
I heard the developer did a "I did a "Continue in Nov. 2010" action on it, rather than "plan for Nov. 2010""

I have the same behavior on my ticket as well, this should be defect unless someone can explain why this happens.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.