It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Windows RTC client logon fails after changing Windows logon password

Sung Chew (161912) | asked Feb 26 '13, 12:18 p.m.
Hello, after I changed my windows xp logon password, RTC windows client logon to Jazz Repository fails with message CRJAZ0124I Invalid username or password.

However, using the same username and password, I am able to login using RTC web client.

I can't be sure but somehow it seems changing the windows xp logon password effects RTC windows client logon.

I am using RTC 4.0 build id: RTC-I20120612-0919

I've installed the same version of RTC on a 2nd PC and I am able to logon.

Any ideas on what is going on? Thank-you

Comments
Arne Bister commented Feb 28 '13, 4:12 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,
are you referring to the RTC Eclipse client? Did you perhaps set the checkboxes for "remember password" and "logon automatically"?
In that case you
- need to go to the Team Artifacts view
- look for the repository connection that is failing to login
- right-click and edit the properties

There you should be able to change the password to your current password.

Sung Chew commented Feb 28 '13, 4:20 p.m.

RTC tech support was unable to resolve the problem. They suggested installing version 4.0.1 which did fix the problem.

One answer

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Feb 28 '13, 4:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Take a look at Preferences > General > Security > Secure Storage and you'll probably see Windows Integration checked. Here's the text from the details section of Windows Integration:

The provider uses Windows APIs to encrypt a randomly generated 'master' password in a way specific to the login credentials. Users who can log into the Windows account can access contents of the secure storage.

This may be related to the problem. Try clicking the "Clear Passwords" button to clear any master passwords already created and see if that fixes it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.