It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to remove Custom Attributes

Vincent Huynh (14697) | asked Mar 15 '10, 9:40 a.m.
Hi,

I create a custom attribute for a work item but have since removed it. This attribute continues to show up in the Web UI when I want to modify columns in a query via the Results Layout tab.

How can I remove this? It is no longer used in a work item, but the id still seems to stick around (eg. Process Configuration > Plan Attribute > Attribute Mapping > "Add")

Since I'm bringing up the Results Layout tab in the Web UI, I also want to state that for some reason, I notice that there are two 'Start Date' attributes when I choose my columns. This is also a custom attribute which I added to a Task and Story work item. Perhaps this is the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Vince-

5 answers

permanent link
Vincent Huynh (14697) | answered May 17 '10, 9:20 a.m.
Hi,

I am going to bump this as there has been no reply for quite some time.

Is there a way to remove custom attributes so they don't show up when I create queries?

Thanks,
Vincent-

permanent link
Thomas Loeber (62237850) | answered Jun 16 '11, 8:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I am going to bump this as there has been no reply for quite some time.

Is there a way to remove custom attributes so they don't show up when I create queries?

Thanks,
Vincent-

Was there ever an answer provided for this topic. I too have run into this problem. I created an attribute (Platform) as type string and I want to change it to an enumeration. So I removed the attribute (thinking delete) so I could re-add it with a new type. The configuration editor insists the id still exists. There are no work items which have been created using this attribute.

permanent link
Harry Koehnemann (30125238) | answered Jul 26 '11, 4:36 p.m.
I am having the same issue. I can't find those attributes in the XML process configuration source. So where are they?

permanent link
Andre Weinand (4811) | answered Aug 08 '11, 12:15 p.m.
Yes, custom attributes are never deleted from the database because we need them when retrieving historic states of a work item.
So if you've removed a custom attribute from a work item type definition (and it is gone from the process specification), it will continue to exist in the database, because historic states of the work item refer to the historic type definition, which still uses the attribute.

We try to hide those deleted attributes from most UIs and only show them if you explicitely ask for 'archived' attributes.
If you find places where this is not the case, please file individual defects.

hth,
Andre Weinand
Work Item Team

permanent link
Harry Koehnemann (30125238) | answered Aug 08 '11, 1:00 p.m.
Thanks. I reproduced the issue and filed a new defect:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=173494

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.