It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Displaying custom attributes in reports

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Mar 12 '10, 7:53 p.m.
I'm using the LIVE_WORKITEM_COUNT table and can see all my custom attributes of type STRING in the STRING_KEY column. What is the correct way to have the value of a single String attribute in the report output?

For example, I put 'apar_type' in the Default value of the STRING_KEY parameter and then placed STRING_VAL on the report. I get the output value, but it only returns those rows that have a value for 'apar type' where I want everything to be returned.

In addition, my 'apar_type' column uses an Enumeration, but is of type String so when I look in the ENUMERATION table I don't see it there, but I've been able to convert with Priority and Severity. How would I do the conversion with a string type?

I'm having a similar issue with the TIMESTAMP_KEY and TIMESTAMP_VAL columns. I added 'dcut' as the default value in the TIMESTAMP_KEY parameter and placed TIMESTAMP_VAL on the report. I get the correct timestamp returned but it's repeating each record multiple times in a row.

Am I going about this correct in regards to adding custom attributes to the report?

Thanks,

5 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Mar 12 '10, 10:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You should first fetch the work items without the custom attributes. Then for each fetched work item, fetch the custom attributes if any.

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Mar 23 '10, 6:58 p.m.
You should first fetch the work items without the custom attributes. Then for each fetched work item, fetch the custom attributes if any.

Rafik,

Is there any sample code in the pre-installed reports that I can look at to help with this? I'm struggling to fetch the custom attributes. I still get only the records populated with the custom value I'm trying to fetch, and then it's only displaying the literal name.

Thanks,

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Mar 26 '10, 11:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Michael, unfortunatly I do not have an example that does what you are asking for. Can we talk directly and I will walk you through on how to do this? Or create a Work Item (task) for me and I will attach a sample report design. Please assign the Work Item to me.

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Mar 26 '10, 2:01 p.m.
Michael, unfortunatly I do not have an example that does what you are asking for. Can we talk directly and I will walk you through on how to do this? Or create a Work Item (task) for me and I will attach a sample report design. Please assign the Work Item to me.

Thanks,

I created Task 110146, but it wouldn't let me assign an owner. I filed it against Reports.

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered May 03 '11, 4:39 a.m.
I'm using the LIVE_WORKITEM_COUNT table and can see all my custom attributes of type STRING in the STRING_KEY column. What is the correct way to have the value of a single String attribute in the report output?

For example, I put 'apar_type' in the Default value of the STRING_KEY parameter and then placed STRING_VAL on the report. I get the output value, but it only returns those rows that have a value for 'apar type' where I want everything to be returned.

In addition, my 'apar_type' column uses an Enumeration, but is of type String so when I look in the ENUMERATION table I don't see it there, but I've been able to convert with Priority and Severity. How would I do the conversion with a string type?

I'm having a similar issue with the TIMESTAMP_KEY and TIMESTAMP_VAL columns. I added 'dcut' as the default value in the TIMESTAMP_KEY parameter and placed TIMESTAMP_VAL on the report. I get the correct timestamp returned but it's repeating each record multiple times in a row.

Am I going about this correct in regards to adding custom attributes to the report?

Thanks,

you need to provide the Enumrations dataset with a project area or you will get no results - use for instance '{Current Project Area}' as parameter

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.