It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Notify Team members when a file is locked for editing

Karthick B (3175) | asked Jan 21 '11, 1:27 p.m.
edited Oct 10 '17, 3:51 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

My requirement is to keep the team members informed when file(s) are locked for editing.
I know that RTC captures this as feeds and logs them at Team Central. But, i only need the lock pertaining information captured for one Team Area.
Can i configure a feed to get this done? We're at RTC 2.0. Please let me know if there are other ways to achieve this.

Thanks !

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Oct 10 '17, 4:22 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As of RTC 6.0.5, there is no way out of the box to provide notification when locks are aquired/removed for a given Project or Team Area.

Also, the 'lock' change events are not present when showing all change events for a particular Project or Team Area, they are however present when looking at the change events for a particular stream. Ex: in Eclipse RTC, right-click on a Stream in the Team Artifacts view and select the "Show" --> "Events" context menu action. The lock events will appear when checking the "Source Control Streams" filter.

See this wiki for a list of SCM change events, and which 'context' each change event might appear in:
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ScmChangeEvents

Michael Valenta selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Karthick B (3175) | answered Jan 25 '11, 4:28 a.m.
edited Oct 10 '17, 3:52 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

https://uk01prtc001:9443/jazz/service/com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.IFeedService?operation=com.ibm.team.scm&category=com.ibm.team.scm.eventCategory.stream.lock.acquire
:?:
The above link got me close to listing feeds related to locks alone. How do i enhance this further to list only feeds pertaining to a specific Team Area?

Any ideas !!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.