It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build Requester ID as a property available to ant

Brian Murray (1153) | asked Mar 11 '10, 1:59 p.m.
Is there a way (either an existing property or a mechanism for providing such a property) for my build.xml to be aware of which user requested a personal build?

My team would like to create outputs for personal builds in folders identified by the userID of the build requester. (These folders/outputs are created on the build engine and are web accessible.)

I know that entries on the Build Definition's properties tab are available to ant, but I don't know how to populate such a field. (Even better would be an existing property that I can simply reference.)

Note: Ideally there'd be no white space in the name (though of course I can process it if an ID containing white space is all that's available). So if one property has my name "Brian Murray" and another my ID "shonuff", I'd prefer to use the latter.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Reilly (1431520) | answered Nov 21 '14, 10:10 p.m.
There's a build property ${buildRequesterUserId} with the jazz server userid of the build requester:  buildRequesterUserId=me@us.ibm.com 
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.