It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelWordImporter

Simon Norrington (311109) | asked Feb 19 '10, 4:26 a.m.
Hi, I'm trying to use the Excel import tool without much luck. Is there a more comprehensive set on instructions anywhere - other than at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter?

Failing that, has anyone got an idiots guide to using the Excel import tool?

31 answers

permanent link
Simon Norrington (311109) | answered Feb 19 '10, 6:37 a.m.
Ok, found the sample files and started to adapt them.

Can create a testcase no problem, but trying to import a test script keeps generating the following error;

Error sending artifact 0 of type testscript to url https://localhost:9443

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? This is my script.

// We want to start looking for scripts after row 3
testscript.XLSStartRow=4
testscript.dc:title=A3

// the literal "execution" will be put into the step type tag, so all steps will be of type execution
testscript.steps.type="execution"
testscript.steps.description=D
testscript.steps.title=A
testscript.steps.name=A
testscript.steps.expectedResult=F

// a new script starts when we encounter an empty row
testscript.XLSDelimeter=\n

// test case defined with definite cell locations
testcase.dc:title=A3
testcase.dc:description=D3
testcase.XLSLink=testscript

permanent link
Mike Yalter (11611) | answered Mar 18 '10, 9:40 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Ok, found the sample files and started to adapt them.

Can create a testcase no problem, but trying to import a test script keeps generating the following error;

Error sending artifact 0 of type testscript to url https://localhost:9443

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? This is my script.

// We want to start looking for scripts after row 3
testscript.XLSStartRow=4
testscript.dc:title=A3

// the literal "execution" will be put into the step type tag, so all steps will be of type execution
testscript.steps.description=D
testscript.steps.title=A
testscript.steps.name=A

// a new script starts when we encounter an empty row

// test case defined with definite cell locations
testcase.dc:title=A3
testcase.dc:description=D3

Hi,
Can you look at the debug log in:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Mso2Rqm\Mso2Rqm_Debug.log
and see if there's a more explicit error? We try to keep the normal log easily readable, but put more stuff in the debug log.
Also can you export to file? If so can you post the script XML?

permanent link
Simon Norrington (311109) | answered Mar 18 '10, 9:50 a.m.
Managed to sort it out myself. The sample reports were invaluable. It's a shame they aren't referenced on the instructions.

permanent link
Canessane Irissappane (11) | answered Apr 06 '10, 5:03 a.m.
Hi,
I have installed the ADD-Ins for Excel to RQM importer for version 2.0.0.1.
I am able to import the test scripts.
for the test scripts i get this error.
"Error sending artifact 0 of type testscript to url https://localhost:9443"
i was using the cfg as below:
testscript.XLSStartRow=7

testscript.title=B

testscript.type="Manual"

testscript.steps.description=B

testscript.steps.title=B

testscript.steps.name=B

testcase.dc:title=C1

testcase.dc:description=C2

when i have verified the log
4/6/2010 4:49:49 PM: INFO: : response from project has response content key

4/6/2010 4:49:49 PM: INFO: : response has has keys: System.Collections.Hashtable+HashtableEnumerator

4/6/2010 4:50:00 PM: INFO: : RQMConnector: Storing session ID: JSESSIONID=68D8F7071FA5BDFDEEB9F41E37C60CAB; Path=/jazz; Secure,JazzFormAuth=Form; Path=/jazz

4/6/2010 4:50:02 PM: ERROR: : RQMConnector: PutToServer - Error putting resource: https://localhost:9443/jazz/secure/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/Project1/testscript/testscript_import.xlsx_Sheet1_1.xls

4/6/2010 4:50:02 PM: EXCEPTION: : The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

4/6/2010 4:50:02 PM: at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Mso2Rqm_Common.RQMConnector.PutToServer(String url, String data)

4/6/2010 4:50:02 PM: ERROR: : The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

4/6/2010 4:50:02 PM: ERROR: : ExcelExportRepositoryDialog: Error saving to url https://localhost:9443 of type testscript

4/6/2010 4:50:02 PM: EXCEPTION: : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

4/6/2010 4:50:02 PM: at Mso2Rqm_Common.RQMConnector.PutToServer(String url, String data)
at RQMExcelExporter.ExcelExportRepositoryDialog.doExport(IList`1 artifacts)

"
Is that something wrong with my setup for the export utility?

permanent link
Canessane Irissappane (11) | answered Apr 06 '10, 6:30 a.m.
I have managed to resolve it by changing the cfg file. the issue was with testcript.title and testcript.type

testscript.dc:title=B

testscript.scripttype="Manual"

solves the error.

permanent link
Jeffrey Miller (6) | answered May 17 '10, 4:05 p.m.
I was experiencing similar issues, Last Friday I was just importing away, now today I can only get portions of speadsheets imported and then they copy over other Saved files in RQM. Anyone else have this problem?

permanent link
Kelly ONeill (2165) | answered May 27 '10, 11:40 a.m.
Deleted

permanent link
Mike Dawson (161) | answered Jun 03 '10, 6:39 a.m.
I was experiencing similar issues, Last Friday I was just importing away, now today I can only get portions of speadsheets imported and then they copy over other Saved files in RQM. Anyone else have this problem?

Jeff, not sure why you would be missing portions of your spreadsheet data - but we have come across the issue where previously imported test cases are overwritten by new ones even though their names are different. I think that's to do with the fact that the Importer writes to xml files and names them according to the sheet names in your Excel workbook. If the names of the xml files match those used previously then it seems to confuse the process. Try renaming your Excel sheets to something unique before you run the export process and see whether that helps.

permanent link
Balakrishnan Subramanium (6) | answered Jul 26 '10, 10:09 p.m.

Hi,
Can you look at the debug log in:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Mso2Rqm\Mso2Rqm_Debug.log
and see if there's a more explicit error? We try to keep the normal log easily readable, but put more stuff in the debug log.
Also can you export to file? If so can you post the script XML?

Hey, I am not able to import the test script into RQM. I exported test case as file used the same sample file. My test cases are uploaded and not test scripts. I tried importing the test scripts separately but it is throwing error message as "NULL". Can some one help?

permanent link
Keith Drummond (1677) | answered Aug 10 '10, 9:05 a.m.
I'm having trouble modifying the cfg file to import test cases and scripts from a excel file. Is there a test case definition that lets you chose exact rows the test cases are on, and the same for test scripts. I cant tell it to just start on the row 2 for example because the steps for the test script is the next row. So currently, when I tell it to start from 2 it will make every row a new test case. I need something that allows me to do this:

testcase.XLSisonrows = 1,5,9,...etc.
testscript.XLSisonrows = 2,3,4......etc.

Or another way would be if there was a function that tells it where to start and where to stop. like for example start on rows 1,5, and 9 and stop at new line or blank row.

testcase.XLSstart/stopdelimeet="1,5,9" "/n"

Should I just scrap this idea and change the structure of my excel file?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.