It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM and RequisitePro

Barry Graham (106173) | asked Feb 05 '10, 2:43 a.m.
It was working before I upgraded to the latest ifix of RQM and ReqPro!

I got ReqWeb to show the list of projects correctly by making sure that the RWP service logged in as the ReqWebUser (which gets undone during the upgrade).

Yet when I am in RQM and I select the correct ReqPro connection it says

Current connection has no projects, please change another one.

Yes it really does say "change" another one, I think it means "choose another one". But in any case since ReqWeb is working properly, why won't RQM see the list of projects any more? It was working before!

Now I just found out that if I say "localhost" or the IP address instead of the host name it works (RQM and ReqWeb servers are one and the same). Is this expected? If so how comes it worked before I updated to the latest ifixes?!

Barry

5 answers

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | answered Feb 10 '10, 4:19 p.m.

I got ReqWeb to show the list of projects correctly by making sure that the RWP service logged in as the ReqWebUser (which gets undone during the upgrade).

Yes it really does say "change" another one, I think it means "choose another one". But in any case since ReqWeb is working properly, why won't RQM see the list of projects any more? It was working before!

Now I just found out that if I say "localhost" or the IP address instead of the host name it works (RQM and ReqWeb servers are one and the same). Is this expected? If so how comes it worked before I updated to the latest ifixes?!

Barry

Might not be the issue, but I think the syntax for the connection properties change .. you might want to try that i.e. http://<hostname>

permanent link
Barry Graham (106173) | answered Feb 10 '10, 4:25 p.m.

Barry

Might not be the issue, but I think the syntax for the connection properties change .. you might want to try that i.e. http://<hostname>

Thanks! Already am! Tried many different combinations!

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | answered Feb 11 '10, 4:38 p.m.

Barry

another check you might want to look at .. ensure you can access the reqweb server from a browser and access the required project - and also if you are not using the default port of 80 you would need to update that too

permanent link
Barry Graham (106173) | answered Feb 16 '10, 10:29 a.m.

Barry

another check you might want to look at .. ensure you can access the reqweb server from a browser and access the required project - and also if you are not using the default port of 80 you would need to update that too
Yes I can, and using the correct port. If I replace the hostname with localhost then it can see the projects, but that is not a good fix, because then when you click on the requirement in RQM, it looks for it on localhost rather than on the machine that's running ReqWeb.

This started happening after I applied to the latest fix to RQM, is it possible that's why I am having issues?

permanent link
Dennis Upton (3133) | answered Jun 14 '10, 4:05 p.m.
Same issue here at my customer. We have an open PMR. This with v2.0.1 iFix001, but this customer's setup broke at about the same time.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.