It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execution Tool: How to debug executing tcers without tcerId

bartek sobczak (132) | asked Dec 07 '18, 3:56 a.m.
Hi!

I'm struggling in making Execution Tool choose TCER based on testCaseID and testPlanId.
I managed to fill in result for a given tcerId, so i'm pretty sure the id's i'm working with are good, but i would need to fill in a result for a TCER which id i do not know, but knowing the tc and tp ids.

Here's what i'm using:
/bin/java -jar RQMExecutionTool.jar -verbose=true -testCaseId=15988 -testPlanId="357" -projectName='proper_name' -publicURI="https://rqm.project.sys" -resultState=com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.state.failed -testEnvironment="test_environment name_from the_test_plan" -currentIteration=true -runLastCreatedER=true

The error i'm getting is:
Execute Execution Command
Processing input parameters for TestCase Execution
Finding TCER Id for testCaseId: 15988
Exception occurred while doing a post to the server with the URL:https://rqm.project.sys/service/com.ibm.rqm.execution.common.service.rest.ITestcaseExecutionRecordRestService/findExecutionRecordByTestCaseAndTestPlan
Exception occurred while finding Test Case Execution Record ID: Please verify that the values for parameters testCaseId/testSuiteId, projectName are valid and exist.
An internal error occurred. For details, see the log.

The error is not so meaningful to me. Is there a way to gather more info?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subhajit Bhuiya (6222) | answered Dec 07 '18, 12:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
bartek sobczak selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Subhajit Bhuiya commented Dec 07 '18, 12:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please check the log files of RQM and execution tool. Also remove 1 parameter after another to check which parameter is causing the issue. Like you can try running  without testEnvironment. If that does not work then run without testEnvironment and currentIteration. If that also does not work, try running without testEnvironment, currentIteration. and testPlanId. If that also does not work, open the test case in the test case editor and go to test case execution record section to verify whether any TCER exists for the test case. If not, then create a TCER 1st and try running the command

bartek sobczak commented Dec 10 '18, 2:06 a.m.
Ok, deleting some of the parameters didn't work, but i guess i found the issue.
It seems like there is a mismatch between my Execution Tool version and RQM version (6.0.6 vs 6.0.5 respectively). I guess I need to wait for IT to do the update.

Thanks for fast response!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.