It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error With Reporting Viewlets in RQM Dashboard

Gary Mullen-Schultz (28725536) | asked Feb 03 '10, 12:48 p.m.
When I try to add a reporting viewlet to an RQM dashboard (Add Viewlet -> Reports -> Work Items -> Burndown, as one example) I get the following:

"Report with ID 'workitems.MicroBurndown' is not deployed to project area 'Temperature Conversion Testing Project'. Click here to select a different project area."

Any thoughts on why this is so?

Thanks, Gary

5 answers

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | answered Feb 10 '10, 4:26 p.m.
When I try to add a reporting viewlet to an RQM dashboard (Add Viewlet -> Reports -> Work Items -> Burndown, as one example) I get the following:

"Report with ID 'workitems.MicroBurndown' is not deployed to project area 'Temperature Conversion Testing Project'. Click here to select a different project area."

Any thoughts on why this is so?

Thanks, Gary

I think the burndown viewlet is part of RTC and not RQM

permanent link
Gary Mullen-Schultz (28725536) | answered Feb 10 '10, 4:29 p.m.
Then why would it show up as an option by default in the RQM dashboard?

Gary

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | answered Feb 11 '10, 4:36 p.m.
Then why would it show up as an option by default in the RQM dashboard?

Gary
because there is integration available for RTC and RQM - this would be a viable option if you have that integration configured i.e. you're using RTC as the build integration and/or defect management

permanent link
Gary Mullen-Schultz (28725536) | answered Feb 11 '10, 4:51 p.m.
I first have to select which system the viewlet is intended for. I would think that the options for that system should match those truly available for it, especially in a Web 2.0 environment.

Thanks for your help, Gary

permanent link
Bram Booth (11) | answered Apr 19 '10, 6:35 p.m.
Hi, we found a similar issue in our own implementation yesterday and after some investigation found that the custom template we had created in RQM didn't include all the reports.

We were able to logon using the RTC Eclipse client and upload the missing reports so they were available in the RQM Dashboard. Hope this helps.

Describes all the reports you should have available:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/topic/com.ibm.team.reports.doc/topics/r_report_templates_oob.html

Describes the steps for loading the missing reports into your project area using RTC I think the method was 'Deploy New Reports' (had someone else in my team update so not 100% sure).

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/topic/com.ibm.team.reports.doc/topics/c_add_manage_report_templates.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.