It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

testscript.steps.description=RichEdit(X) & image(X) syntax for RQM Excel Importer does not work for 5.0.2

Olle Thyrestam (111) | asked Jun 04 '15, 3:38 a.m.

When using RQM Excel Importer to RQM 4.0.5 the string : testscript.steps.description=RichEdit(X) & image(X)

worked to import both formatted text and a picture from a cell in Excel.

After upgraing to RQM 5.0.2 we get the error messages:

Error: Configuration File, Line 36, Missing right parentheses: )

Error: Configuration File, Line 36, Found a value that reduced to "Y)", but was expecting a value equivelant to a column, cell, or literal.

Error: Configuration File, Line 36, Found a value that reduced to "image(Y", but was expecting a value equivelant to a column, cell, or literal.

Error: Configuration File, Line 35, Missing right parentheses: )

Error: Configuration File, Line 35, Found a value that reduced to "X)", but was expecting a value equivelant to a column, cell, or literal.

Error: Configuration File, Line 35, Found a value that reduced to "image(X", but was expecting a value equivelant to a column, cell, or literal.

*** Exporting Aborted: Errors found! ***

How to format the configuration file for 5.0.2?

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered Jun 04 '15, 5:36 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Olle,

Try using RichText() instead of RichEdit()

Refer https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter#Modifiers_of_data_Used_to_the_ri  for more details

Comments
Olle Thyrestam commented Jun 04 '15, 6:38 a.m. | edited Jun 05 '15, 1:50 a.m.

Hi

I have read that page.

I misspelled the configuration string:

testscript.steps.description=RichText(X) & image(X)

is the one used.

It worked for RQM 4.0.5 but not for 5.0.2

Don Yang commented Jun 05 '15, 1:52 a.m. | edited Jun 05 '15, 1:53 a.m.

I see the same issue in v5.0.2(tried with sample: Test Cases made from scripts with images.cfg), this seems to me it is a regression.

you may try with testscript.steps.description=X & image(X) for now.

Hi, Reshma, do you think this is a defect? ThanksĀ 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.