It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Accessing Repository Permissions via REST or JavaScript

Nicholas Krantz (132) | asked Aug 15 '16, 1:08 p.m.
 I'm working on a script to export all users from RQM into CSV through JavaScript. I have a lot of details already but I'm looking for a way to get the Repository Permsissions (JazzUsers, JazzGuests, JazzAdmins, JazzProjectAdmins) of the users using REST/OSLC/Javascript. If anyone has an idea or has done this before, any input is helpful.

Thanks

Comments
Guido Schneider commented Aug 17 '16, 3:40 p.m.
- Do you have local user administration or are you LDAP integrated (or other SSO mechanism)
- what application server are you using? WAS, Liberty, Tomcat? 

Donald Nong commented Aug 17 '16, 9:53 p.m.

Guido is right. The repository role is determined by the application server during the log on process. Unless a user is logged on, you will not know what role she has from the application point of view.

Nicholas Krantz commented Aug 18 '16, 9:30 a.m.

Yes, I have local admin rights but I think the repotool does exactly what I need to do

Accepted answer

permanent link
Somashakar Kannan (962) | answered Aug 17 '16, 12:18 p.m.
Hi,

In general RQM users are the users who are present in the JTS server, you can try use the below command and export users into CSV

repotools-jts.bat -exportUsers toFile=C:\test.csv repositoryURL=https://hostame:9443/jts

regards,
Somashakar
Nicholas Krantz selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nicholas Krantz commented Aug 18 '16, 9:33 a.m.

Thank you!

One other answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Aug 17 '16, 2:25 p.m.
See also Analyzing Project Members and Roles  

Using repotools-jts has its uses, but only if one is able to access the machine hosting the application.  The above is client based and can give more information ( i.e. project/team roles )

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.