It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Updating RQM License When Trial Has Expired

Raffaele Cocucci (121) | asked Feb 01 '10, 5:15 p.m.
Hi there,

Upon realizing that my trial license for my RQM had expired, I went on the Rational Licensing site and downloaded a permanent license. When I accessed the RQM Jazz Admin Console, I went to the License Management Section, but was unable to update my version of RQM with the new license as the hyperlink to add the license was not working.

I then tried to do this via the RQM Jazz Setup console, but it said that DB2 was not an accepted database type for the RQM Jazz setup.

Help

Raffaele.

One answer

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Feb 03 '10, 1:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi there,

Upon realizing that my trial license for my RQM had expired, I went on the Rational Licensing site and downloaded a permanent license. When I accessed the RQM Jazz Admin Console, I went to the License Management Section, but was unable to update my version of RQM with the new license as the hyperlink to add the license was not working.

I then tried to do this via the RQM Jazz Setup console, but it said that DB2 was not an accepted database type for the RQM Jazz setup.

Help

Raffaele.

Can you show us a screen shot of https://<RQM>:<port>/jazz/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.manageLicenses ?
This is the part I am confused about:
was unable to update my version of RQM with the new license as the hyperlink to add the license was not working.
You are in the right place, but this doesn't make sense. Ordinarily you should be able to import the permanent server activation key (the JAR file you downloaded from the Rational Licensing site) here.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.