It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRC Support of Win Server 2008 R4 (64-bit_

Rob Farris (13274) | asked Jan 22 '10, 11:26 a.m.
I am getting conflicting messages from IBM regarding RRC support for Windows Server 2008 R4 (64-bit). I have successfully installed the server component, but cannot start the RRC 2.0 Server.

Does anyone have any tips or tricks? Or is this even supported?

2 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jan 22 '10, 3:44 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am getting conflicting messages from IBM regarding RRC support for Windows Server 2008 R4 (64-bit). I have successfully installed the server component, but cannot start the RRC 2.0 Server.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no R4, just R2.
RRC 2.0 does officially support Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit). We have it running and it has been tested.
If you can provide some specifics about the problem you are having, I'm sure we can help you get it operational.

permanent link
Rob Farris (13274) | answered Jan 25 '10, 12:57 p.m.
My mistake -- it is R2. Actually, it turned out to be a Windows permissions issue where the "Administrator" had to logon and start the Jazz server (Tomcat - startup.bat) I had admin rights and was part of the Admin group, but that was not good enough...

To the best of my knowledge, there is no R4, just R2.
RRC 2.0 does officially support Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit). We have it running and it has been tested.
If you can provide some specifics about the problem you are having, I'm sure we can help you get it operational.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.