It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it Possible to delete old Comments in RRC.

Cherifa Mansoura (155) | asked Feb 25 '14, 10:52 p.m.
edited Mar 01 '14, 10:10 a.m. by Douglas Bush (28125)
I just do not want them to be displayed in the dashboard

2 answers

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Feb 26 '14, 12:09 a.m.
It appears that it can only be done to some extent.
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/t_use_comments.html
To delete a comment, select the comment, and click the Delete Comment icon. A comment can only be deleted by its author, and only if there are no replies to it. Comments are not deleted if the associated element is deleted. These comments are marked with (element not in this revision) in the comment title. These comments can be hidden in the comment section by clicking Hide comments on orphaned elements in the filter panel.

Comments
Cherifa Mansoura commented Feb 26 '14, 9:26 a.m.

I have no idea where the Delete Comment Icon is. Can you tell me? 

Kirk Grotjohn commented Feb 26 '14, 10:25 a.m. | edited Feb 26 '14, 4:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you hover over the comment, there are several icons that appear... one of them is Delete Comment.  I believe this is only available if you are the author of the comment.  

Cherifa Mansoura commented Feb 26 '14, 9:35 p.m.

Thanks Kirk for your help. 

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Feb 26 '14, 11:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Cherifa

If you're referring to the comments widget, it should only be showing "recent" comments.  By default "recent" means 14 days and there is a property in the RM fronting.properties file has this set. 
com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.RDMRecentComments.query.modifiedsince.duration=14
If you change this, this will impact everything on the RM server an all users and features like Adding comments to artifacts in a module.  So take into consideration how this impacts your RM environment before making any changes to this value.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.