It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error during install

Steve Stupca (11102) | asked Jan 19 '10, 8:29 a.m.
When installing RRC 2.0, we encountered an error.

The problem occurred during the RRS setup. Storage areas were created, then an "Internal Server Error" message was posted.

Details available...is there a way to post a screen cap? If not, we can provide the info off-line.

One answer

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Jan 20 '10, 10:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Steve,

Not sure what the problem is but a lot of problems have their root in authentication and permissions.

I suggest a couple of things.

1. Clearing any browser cache and active login history that might be in your web browsers (either Firefox or Internet Explorer). If you are upgrading from a pre-release version of RRC V2 I suggest also deleting all the files in the RRC eclipse workspace folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\IBM\RequirementsComposer\workspace

2. Ensuring that when using the server setup that an author license is assigned to the newly created admin account.

If none of these help I am not sure what to suggest other than do a clean uninstalling, deleting all the the RRCS folders in the C:/program files/IBM/RRCS20, delete the eclipse workspace and re-install.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.