It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRCBrowserAddOn

Robert Thompson (31274) | asked Nov 17 '11, 3:54 p.m.
I do not have permission to install the RRC browser addon. Is there an install package I can get an admin to run to install the addon. In our envionrment, admins cannot do a "web install".

5 answers

permanent link
AOC Admin (13631917) | answered Nov 17 '11, 6:49 p.m.
We are experiencing the same issue here. We are always getting the permission denied error message, even though we have admin privileges to our own machines.. Has anyone found a resolution to this?

Thanks

I do not have permission to install the RRC browser addon. Is there an install package I can get an admin to run to install the addon. In our envionrment, admins cannot do a "web install".

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 21 '11, 11:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We are experiencing the same issue here. We are always getting the permission denied error message, even though we have admin privileges to our own machines.. Has anyone found a resolution to this?

Thanks

Don't know whether this helps but here a wiki that describes more about the installation (which is downloaded from the server).

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCBrowserAddOns

permanent link
AOC Admin (13631917) | answered Nov 21 '11, 11:52 a.m.
Thank you, I went through that, but after clicking OK on "Would you like to install this plugin, we get the error message. We do not even get to the warnings or pop ups as the server message appears before anything can happen.. That's why we were wondering where the error came from. I tried testing the link Stef posted on my other post and encounter errors trying to get to the add on on our RRC server, so that's where I am going to start figuring out what's missing..

Do know whether this helps but here a wiki that describes more about the installation (which is downloaded from the server).

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCBrowserAddOns

permanent link
pandiyarajan narayanasamy (6) | answered Feb 28 '12, 11:31 p.m.
There is one solution where i also got the same error and rectified it ,By coping the RRC addon from the machine which works properly,and copied into the users profile in which you got the error.

The path where the RRC available is c:\users\administrator\IBM \RRC

permanent link
AOC Admin (13631917) | answered Feb 29 '12, 12:18 p.m.
Thanks, unfortunately, at one point I had 6 machines where both IE and FF worked.. now I have none! so I can't copy from anywhere :(

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.