It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQMExcelWordImporter - does not import Verification Points

Shruti Grover (4121) | asked Dec 22 '09, 1:44 p.m.
When a Manual Test Script written in Excel is imported in RQM using --> RQMExcelWordImporter utility, only STEPS get imported into RQM. There is no support to import a Manual Script with VERIFICATION POINTS.

Any comments if this feature is going to get released shortly?

7 answers

permanent link
Partha Sridharan (2632) | answered Dec 22 '09, 4:45 p.m.
When a Manual Test Script written in Excel is imported in RQM using --> RQMExcelWordImporter utility, only STEPS get imported into RQM. There is no support to import a Manual Script with VERIFICATION POINTS.

Any comments if this feature is going to get released shortly?

The import feature of RQM essentially imports the following:
Steps
description
Expected result.

The expected result essentially can be the verification point. It all depends on what columns you are configuration file is refering to.
Can you let me know what your configuration file is refering to and also what column in your excel file is the Verification point.

permanent link
Shruti Grover (4121) | answered Dec 22 '09, 5:15 p.m.
Hi Partha,

Thanks for replying.

I am using the following:
testscript.steps.type="execution"
to identify the Steps. But, I could not find a type for Verification Points (that has a different Icon representation on a Manual Test Script editor). Do you know of any other "types" that we can use to distinguish Steps versus Verification Points.

permanent link
Partha Sridharan (2632) | answered Dec 22 '09, 5:52 p.m.
Hi Partha,

Thanks for replying.

I am using the following:
testscript.steps.type="execution"
to identify the Steps. But, I could not find a type for Verification Points (that has a different Icon representation on a Manual Test Script editor). Do you know of any other "types" that we can use to distinguish Steps versus Verification Points.

Your config file is only pointing to steps thats why on that part of the excel is getting imported. Try the below config file

// Start looking for scripts after row 1
testscript.XLSStartRow=2

testscript.steps.description=<Column>
testscript.steps.expectedResult=<Column>
(This can be your verification point)

// a new script starts when we encounter an empty row
testscript.XLSDelimeter=\n

permanent link
Shruti Grover (4121) | answered Dec 22 '09, 6:19 p.m.
Hi Partha,

Following the steps mentioned, does not change the ICON TYPE from STEP to VERIFICATION Point. I need to clearly distinguish a Step and a VP as it was in Test Manager's Manual Test. It would be same a "Marking a line as Step or VP".

permanent link
Manesh Kaniti (26104) | answered Jan 06 '10, 5:10 a.m.
Hi All,

I have installed the RQMExcelWordImporter but I am not able to understand the creating configuration file.

Can you pls send me any sample configuration file that would be very much helpful to create?

Thanks a lot.

-Manesh

permanent link
Partha Sridharan (2632) | answered Jan 06 '10, 11:08 a.m.
Hi All,

I have installed the RQMExcelWordImporter but I am not able to understand the creating configuration file.

Can you pls send me any sample configuration file that would be very much helpful to create?

Thanks a lot.

-Manesh

Hi Manseh,
The sample configuration files must be at the following location on your system:
C:\Program Files\IBM\RQMExcelImporter\Samples

Partha

permanent link
Mike Yalter (11611) | answered Mar 18 '10, 10:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Partha,

Following the steps mentioned, does not change the ICON TYPE from STEP to VERIFICATION Point. I need to clearly distinguish a Step and a VP as it was in Test Manager's Manual Test. It would be same a "Marking a line as Step or VP".

Hi,
As of RQM 2.0 there is no longer a verification point step type.
There are only two types, execution and reporting.

If you want to specify a reporting step, then you need to have the testscript.steps.type="reporting"

You can specify a column or cell here as always, but you must make sure they data in your spreadsheet is exactly either execution or reporting;

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.