It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Do these log messages simply mean QM project has no configured Defect provider ?

Kevin Ramer (4.5k9186201) | asked Jul 07 '15, 9:44 a.m.
Today I notice what I thought were new messages [ but they aren't, records in 2013 show ] in the QM application logs

CRJAZ1451E The DefectTrackingTask task from the com.ibm.rqm.execution component could not be completed and will be rescheduled.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.ibm.rqm.execution.service.internal.DefectTrackingService.synchronizeDefectState(DefectTrackingService.java:128)
[there is more, but omitted for brevity ]

I can say with certainty that there are QM projects that exist w/o Uses association for Defects. 

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Jul 08 '15, 6:57 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The DefectTrackingTask is used to unblock test case execution records automatically (see https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_config_auto_unblocking.html).  The NullPointerException is a defect but may be fixed in RQM 6.0 under DefectTrackingTask/DefectTrackingService/QualityManagerConfigurationService need better exception handling (118402) and/or ItemNotFoundExection in DefectTrackingTask (122260).  What version of RQM are you running?
Kevin Ramer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jul 08 '15, 9:04 a.m.

We're on 5.0.2 ifix6.  Not in a rush to get to 6 just yet.

Paul Slauenwhite commented Jul 08 '15, 9:22 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Kevin, feel free to open a PMR.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.