It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RIT Agent Config not accepting "&" in password value

Nitin Verma (1346) | asked Jul 16 '15, 8:16 p.m.
My password value for profile in RQM has a "&" sign and when I am enabling RQM in RIT Agent config and trying to start the RIT Agent Service ,  I am getting error "EVERE: Failed to start agent... exiting.
org.jdom.input.JDOMParseException: Error on line 60 of document file:/C:/Program%20Files/IBM/RIT-Agent/config/Agent.config: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference."

Is there a way where & is not considered a special symbol in password value so that I can use my existing password

I do not want to change my password as my RQM profile password comes from our company's active directory and changing password would require changing the password at all places where my password is used in my company

One answer

permanent link
Nitin Verma (1346) | answered Jul 20 '15, 12:51 a.m.
edited Jul 20 '15, 12:59 a.m.
I used Escape Sequence code for ampersand (Ampersand sign followed by hash sign followed by 38 followed by ;) and tried starting the RIT Agent service it worked for me fine and I was able to start the service successfully

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.