It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrating project form one RTC instance to another RTC instance.

Mohd Khan (11) | asked Aug 07, 7:13 a.m.

we are having two diffrent RTC instance on diffrent servers and we need to migrate one from with complete history form one RTC to another one as due ho high heap utilization on servers. is there any way to migrate it from with History?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 07, 8:13 a.m. | edited Aug 07, 8:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you have performance issues, I would suggest to contact IBM support.

Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, there is no such capability out of the box. There is no feature that would copy a project area over to another server, preserving history.

There is no built in feature to recreate a project area based on an existing one. It would be possible to write tools like this using the APIs. IBM Service might have something.

You can use Work Item export/import (e.g. using WCL), but you will loose history. 

You could use the distributed SCM feature of EWM to bring the source code SCM data over and preserve history.

This is my current state. I post as a comment. Maybe someone else has better answers.

Mohd Khan commented Aug 08, 6:32 a.m.

Hi Ralph, Thanks for the esponse

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 08, 7:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please note, the user Rick Williams below is spamming to create some kind of credibility. Ignore the content. 

You can only export a complete CCM repository, but that does not allow to split the servers. You can use Distributed SCM to migrate data over. You can also use https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/MovingAComponentToANewServer to move an SCM component to another server. 

For work item history is not possible to keep the history. Also build related result data can not be kept, as far as I can tell.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.