It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to determine when an "active" user in the registry actually last logged in ? (CLM and/or ELM)

Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | asked Mar 12, 12:20 p.m.

Looking to provide a list of users and the last access date to the tools.  Projects and Membership has not been maintained very well, so there are a lot of project areas that appear unused for quite a while but we have no way of knowing if the user exists on another project area (without going thru every one manually) or when that person may have actually logged into the system last.

One answer

permanent link
Sudarshan M (107121) | answered Mar 18, 3:05 a.m.

Hi Karen,

Using license usage report you can able to fetch the last access date of the tools.

Thanks & Regards,
Sudarshan M

Comments
Karen Steele commented Mar 18, 6:13 a.m.
yes I'm well aware of that thank you  .... but I need to know the actual person or persons, not just the license key that was checked out.  Thx

I was more hoping that over the years we'd added some additional reporting features against the user base - but seems we have not.

Davyd Norris commented Mar 18, 11:10 p.m.
Did you actually look at the link? The log file includes the user name on each line, as well as the type of license and what caused the checkout, in terms of user actions.

Analysing this file is pretty simple and, in terms of what you're requesting, will give you a username, date and time they last interacted with the system, and what they did.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.