It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ELO PUB - 7.0.2 - Document Break doesn't re-use Stylesheet

Glyn Costello (140151) | asked Jul 03, 12:31 p.m.
edited Jul 03, 12:32 p.m.

Hi, 

I have been experimenting with producing multiple documents from a feed of artifacts using the document break and I can get it to work correctly, producing separate documents for each artifact. However, once it's made the first published document, it doesn't then seem to apply the stylesheet from the DSX file to any subsequent published documents, they're all missing the front page, headers and footers from my *.doc stylesheet. 

In a simple template, I have a DNG Text data source schema. A single container element that publishes the artifact title and a document break beforehand with the "filename after this document break" also set to the artifact title. 

My dsx is set to output a word doc nominally as "multipledocs.doc" and using a stylesheet (stylesheet.doc)

Mutli-part output set to "DYNAMIC" but I have no idea what other options are for this. Can't see it documented anywhere, I've just seen elsewhere on this forum that you have to set this value for Doc Breaks to work. 

My datasource is configured to publish text artifacts of specific type (requirement) for a specific project. 

The result:
I get a single document called multipledocs.doc which has the correct headers and footers from my stylesheet but contains all the requirements for that project. 

I then get another doc called "multipledocs_part_001.doc" which has the correct headers and footers from my stylesheet, and the "first" requirement. 

I then get a series of documents named as expected after the requirement title, containing the requirement text, but no headers or footers (or styles). 

My expectation is that I may get an initial doc of some kind, but subsequent docs should be an individual requirement, with the correct headers and footers, and the file named after the requirement title. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.