It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The import com.ibm.rational cannot be resolved

Gauthier DASSE (361) | asked Feb 09 '23, 5:49 a.m.
I am currently trying to explore the Java API of RPE. To execute it, I want to use an eclipse plugin that would be linked to RPE. I have complete what are required here ( https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elo-p/6.0.6?topic=api-creating-java-project) which are :
- create a Java project ( a Java Plug-in Project to be precise)
- add the jar com.ibm.rational.rpe.studio_6.0.601 and com.ibm.rational.rrdg.core_6.0.601 in the build path.
- put the librcl_telelogic.so and rcl_telelogic.dll in a PATH folder

Everything seems fine when I am developing, but when I want to export my project in Deployable plug-ins and fragments, all I got is error saying that "The import com.ibm.rational cannot be resolved". What did I do wrong ?
Thank you.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 09 '23, 6:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 09 '23, 6:16 a.m.

The link does not work, I had to open the link and then search for "Creating a Java project for the API".

The documentation does not ask for creating a plugin project. It asks for a simple Java project. I can not find where it asks for exporting as a deployable plugin or fragment. In general, if you want to develop Plugins you have to carefully specify the plugin dependencies in the plugin manifest, otherwise you get errors like the one you mention. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.