It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Word and excel format outputs shows different data in RPE document builder V_6.0.6.1

Anjuri Kelaiya (3729) | asked Apr 07 '20, 2:10 a.m.
edited Apr 07 '20, 7:59 a.m.

I am using RPE document builder V_6.0.6.1 and trying to fetch RTC work item  history for all RTC work items which were created after specific date(2019-01-01 in my case). I have used query as: workitem/workItem/creationDate and applied condition as: _value >= "2019-01-01";. I have generated word and excel format outputs by using the same RPE template(.dta) but both the formats shows different output. Word output provides proper data as expected(without any previous 2018/2017 year entries), but excel output shows data discrepancy. In Excel format, there are few 2018 entries for creation date and strange 2018 entries for history as well in between all 2020 entries. 

I am not using any macro, style sheet or any script to manipulate the data. Still, word and excel formats shows the different data.

1.Why excel format output consider 2018 year entries for work items irrespective of the condition applied? Same condition works properly for word and PDF format outputs.

2. There are some entries when creationDate is 2020, but work item history date shows in 2018 in between all 2020 entries.

Any suggestion/solution would be appreciated. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Apr 07 '20, 7:17 a.m.
It is unlikely that the data is different across different output formats. The format can be different, but that has to be same. Note that the filter or condition applied is for all outputs.
Can you provide the template used? Will have a look.
Anjuri Kelaiya selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Anjuri Kelaiya commented Apr 07 '20, 7:45 a.m.

Hello Subramanya

Thanks for your response. I am not able to attach the template over here, so will provide it to you separately. Request you to please have a look into it and provide your suggestion.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Apr 07 '20, 9:33 a.m.

Seems like the data in Excel is not different, but same as that in Word. But few date values are rendered incorrectly in Excel output.
Were both Excel and Word outputs generated together? Any possibility that the the records were modified after generating Excel output (and before generating Word output)?

Anjuri Kelaiya commented Apr 07 '20, 10:08 a.m.

In word output, if you search for 2018 entries(ctrl +F), there will not be any 2018 entries, but it is there in excel output. Both the outputs were not generated together. It was generated one by one. records were not modified after generating excel entries. 

Anjuri Kelaiya commented Apr 07 '20, 10:31 a.m.

I have created RPE template by using document studio version 2.1.2 and deployed it on document builder version 6.0.6.1. Is there a chance this issue could be because of version mismatch?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Apr 07 '20, 11:31 a.m.

Not an issue. Template created using RPE 2.1.2 can be used in any version of Document Builder. Can you select both Word and Excel outputs and generate both outputs together once?

Anjuri Kelaiya commented Apr 08 '20, 12:10 a.m.

I have generated word and excel both the outputs together and now excel output also shows proper data without any 2018 entries. Could you please help me understand why it is like this? when generated separately, excel output shows incorrect data. and when generated together, both are exactly the same.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Apr 08 '20, 12:24 a.m.

Generating outputs separately does not make any difference unless the data from RTC has changed.

Anjuri Kelaiya commented Apr 08 '20, 3:54 a.m.

I am not sure what is happening here. The excel output I sent you, has 2018 entries which is incorrect because in RTC, creation date is in year 2020 for those work items.

Now suddenly it is showing proper data without any discrepancy. I will keep observing this. 
Thanks a lot for your help.

showing 5 of 8 show 3 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.