It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Generator not showing some attributes

Martin Piccus (152) | asked Apr 30, 11:00 a.m.

I am using the Report Generator in Doors NextGen report my requirements and linked artifacts. Using Lifecycle Query Engine I the Scope for a single project; "Requirement" as my artifact; and Specify the link relationship. My Requirements are in both the base artifacts and have been inserted into a module.

1. My requirement Artifact Type has about 40 attributes, but only about 10 of those appear as options to add to the report - why don't I see them all?

2. I'd like to have access to the "Section" attribute from the module in my generated report so that the requirements will be (or can be) sorted in the same order as the module.

How can I get these attributes to show up as options to add to my Report. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.5k217) | answered Apr 30, 6:57 p.m.
edited Apr 30, 7:01 p.m.
There are two reasons why you may not be seeing all the custom attributes in reports:
 - the warehouses will only index data that actually exists, so if you have never actually used the attributes anywhere and put data in them, then the schema won't show them. If you create a dummy artefact and populate all the attributes and then let the collectors run, you will then see them
 - the report builder schema may not have picked up the new attributes yet. You can force a schema refresh by going into the Data Sources menu under Report Builder Admin, opening the Data Source and using the Refresh button at the top

With regard to the Section attribute - this is a calculated attribute and doesn't actually exist in the schema. If you reuse the artefacts in multiple modules then it'll quite likely be different for each module. The only way to see this is by publishing the module itself using ELO Publisher or the built in Document based Report.

I have seen some clients who export the Section data from a module via Excel, and then import it into a custom attribute so that it can be made available in reports. The problem with that is that it's only going to be correct for one module at a time, and you'll need to repeat the process every time you modify the module contents and the section number changes. I wouldn't recommend it
Martin Piccus selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Martin Piccus commented May 16, 9:35 a.m.

Thank you the issue was the report schema refresh. 

After refreshing the schema new reports properly showed all the newer attributes as expected. My existing reports did not. This was just a minor inconvenience.

Follow up question. The refresh button was greyed out for me, I had to get the system administrator to do it. Does someone know what privileges or setting needs to be added/changed to allow me to have access to the Refresh button. 

Ian Barnard commented May 16, 9:49 a.m. | edited May 16, 9:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It's only possible for JazzAdmin to manually refresh the metamodel, but it does refresh automatically every 12hrs, so the alternative is waiting.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.