It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG 703 How to fix a project when it didn't full get created?

Michael Sweger (1311) | asked Apr 28, 1:17 p.m.
DNG 703 window10 pro.

I tried to install the demo for JKE banking. It didn't fully complete and there isn't enough info as to why. If something wasn't fully configured it should popup a question to ask if it can fix it so it fully gets setup.  It llooks like only the RM knows about JKE by ccm and qm is not part of the project. There are alot of users emails but nothing says who is assigned to what tool and at what role. So for a beginner running thru the examples, ELMS assumes alot of beforehand knowledge......of how it works, but isn't that the purpose of running thru the examples....

I've read the only way to delete a project is to send it to archive.  So one can never get rid of training projects or even the example one JKE Banking. This eating up disk space.
Moreover, since JKE banking didn't fullly install, It won't let me rerun it to reinstall and see if something fixed itself,
and it won't even let me archive it (aka delete) so I can try to reinstall it again. I'm not sure if archiving a project again that is already archived will not cause an issue due to duplication even if it is only slightly changed vs. just not fully there or is corrupted.

The only choice I have is to fully reinstalll ELMS. Sigh!

Also the selections for jazz.net has a checkbox for rhapsody.  I thought it came with the elms trial but doesn't. One has to donwload and install it as a spearate trial ware.

Comments
Michael Sweger commented Apr 28, 1:26 p.m. | edited Apr 29, 3:38 a.m.

Forgot.  Some of the links in the project area come back with a 404 code too...

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 29, 3:58 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 29, 4:00 a.m.

If a step during sample setup fails, the information why is presented. Usually it is related to licenses, I have also seen timeouts. If you use Derby, it is possible to zip the whole install folder as a backup. 
The sample scenario and how to perform the steps, is explained in the documentation https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/engineering-lifecycle-management-suite/lifecycle-management/7.0.3?topic=management-samples .

If there is an issue when setting the sample up on the test server, unzip your backup. Otherwise, change the name of the failing project areas and archive them.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.