It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I use filed against as a filter in a Work Breakdown?

Ryan McBryde (5911233) | asked Mar 06, 10:36 a.m.

I have a Sprint Backlog plan that I am viewing as a Work Breakdown.  I don't see any way to get the Work Breakdown view to let me select work items with a particular category (Filed Against).  I would like to be able to look at a work breakdown of just items from one, or possibly two, categories.  Can this be done with a work breakdown view, or any view/plan type combination for that matter?

I know that I can set up a Query to give me just the work items of that category but is there a way to do it with a view/plan?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 06, 10:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, in classic planning, you can 

1. Group by category
  2. Color categories

Ryan McBryde selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ryan McBryde commented Mar 06, 1:07 p.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for the information. I always appreciate the breadth of your knowledge. So, I see where I can group either by category or user but apparently not both. So I can't group first by category and then within that, group by owner, correct?   And while it's possible to group by category, I cannot apply a filter to include only work items from a single category in the work breakdown view, which is what I am trying to do.   I am including a screenshot of my attempt to apply a color to a category (Nexus) and wanted to see if it was correct.  TY 
category color

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 07, 2:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, you can only group by one aspect. 
I am not aware of any way to define your own filters, you can only use the ones provided.

Ryan McBryde commented Mar 27, 9:36 a.m.

Thank you Ralph 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.