It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to link new test case to existing test script

Stefano Paccapelo (11) | asked Feb 28, 3:48 a.m.

Hi everyone,

As the title says, I'm trying to link a new test case created in excel, to an existing test script. I'm identifying the latter by its internal ID in the excel table, for example urn:com.ibm.rqm:testscript:182, and in the cfg file I'm using testcase.testscript = Link(E) for the linking, where E is the column where the internal ID is lying. Is there something that I'm doing wrong? Even in the logger after trying to export to repository, it doesn't say anything about trying to link the test case to the test script.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 01, 2:15 a.m. | edited Mar 01, 2:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For readers that wonder, this seems to be related to automation using one of the automation tools or APIs. It is likely: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Mar 07, 6:49 p.m.
Hi Stefano

It should work using what you are trying.  See the similar discussion here

1) what is your ETM and ExceltImporter version and what variant of Excel Importer you installed(DotNetx64 for example)?
2) have you tried the sample in ExcelImporter's installed directory and does it work for you?
(this is to make sure the tool works in general)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.