It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue with process sharing of a project area in RQM

Vinitha Dsouza (11) | asked Jan 26, 6:05 a.m.

Hello Team 

I have a project area(lets say Project A) that has a defined process.  It then shares this process with Project B .
Expectation is that the consuming project should not be able to edit the roles and permission of its own rather than it should inherit the Roles and permissions from Project A

At some point in time a change is made to the process in  the consuming project area (Project B), and this change
causes issues that all the roles and permissions are editable here and it is no more inheriting the roles and permissions from shared Process Project area (Project A)

How Can we fix this ? 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 26, 9:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You have to mark things final if the project area that uses/inherits the process must not be able to override. See https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/engineering-lifecycle-management-suite/lifecycle-management/7.0.3?topic=client-sharing-process-project-area

I have never tried this, but I think it would be possible to (BACK UP!!!, BACK UP!!! try on a test system first) remove the overwritten section in the project area that shares the process. You can find out what has been added by using the Eclipse client.
Open the project areas process, go to the Process Configuration Source tab. Right click on the process XML and select history.

Review the changes that have been done. You need to remove the stuff that needs to be inherited from the process XML. The easiest way to do that is to copy a historic process XML that is correct and paste it over the current one. That removes all changes after the copied one. 

Otherwise it is also possible to remove the XML that should not be there. I think the process inheritance should resume after that and you should be able to set the process sharing to final - use the Eclipse client.

In the Eclipse client, you can see the process is overwritten in the tab Process Configuration. If the process configuration section is not grayed out, it is overwritten and does no longer synchronize.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any issues that happen if you follow my response.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.