It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Project Area not inheriting Permission from process Template

Rajat Krishnan (70116) | asked Sep 23 '21, 2:58 a.m.
Hello,
We are having below Structure in Quality Management

Project Area (Master)
  • Process template(zMaster) with all process configuration and permission set
Problem Area :
Expectation is Project Area"Master" shall inherit all the permission from linked process Template "zMaster"
But somehow its not the case , under Master project Area permission are in combination of green and red instead of inherited Symbol

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 23 '21, 3:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not sure what you try to describe up there. Are you referring to process sharing? I do not understand what linked means. The term process template does not make any sense either. A process template is not contributing anything, after it has been applied. Please consider reading https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/SetupProjects to understand these concepts.

If you try to use process sharing, the project area that is supposed to use the process of another project area must be instantiated using the "Unconfigured Process", otherwise sharing will not work, because the shared process is locally overwritten.  

Comments
Rajat Krishnan commented Sep 23 '21, 6:16 a.m.
@Ralph Schoon ,
By link i meant "Use the process configuration from another project area for this project area"
So here i have Master Project area and it is doing process sharing "Use the process configuration from another project area for this project area" with zMaster
Now consider we have set of permission set in zMaster , now expectation is if i am doing process sharing , Master Project area shall automatically inherit the permission of zMaster 

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 23 '21, 6:35 a.m.

If you have a project area Master, that is sharing its process, and you have a project area Client that inherits the shared process, 

Master <- Client

The project area Client inherits the permissions of the project area Master.

This only works if the project area Client was created based on the process template "Unconfigured Process" AND no process configuration changes to the permissions were done to Client before enabling to use the shared process.

Process sharing only works as long as the Client project area process does not override the process sections. Follow the link I provided and read the documentation about process sharing. Also start here: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/SSYMRC_7.0.2/com.ibm.team.concert.tutorial.doc/topics/tut_project_area_sharing_intro.html .

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 23 '21, 6:48 a.m.

Note that setting the process area section as "Final" to prevent the client from overriding it, does not help, if the Client project area  has already overwritten that section.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.