It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

checkout all files based on timestamp in ELM stream/component

James Cheung (671116) | asked Nov 02 '23, 4:29 p.m.

Hi all,

Is there a way to checkout all files from a stream/component based on timestamp? Our objective is to checkout file on 1/1/2019, 1/1/2020, 1/2/2021, ..., 1/1/2023. Since we didn't create snapshot on those time periods, could we still check out based on timestamp? Or could we create snapshot back in time?

Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 03 '23, 4:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi,

I am not aware of such a capability. I also do not understand what the value of such a capability would be. You want to be able to have consistent snapshots/baselines e.g. based on a working build. Everything delivered until noon is usually not anything of value, in my opinion. 

It is probably possible to use the Plain Java Client Libraries to iterate a stream configuration to find the information you are looking for. 

James Cheung selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
James Cheung commented Dec 07 '23, 2:59 p.m.

Thx Ralph for the help. We would like to retrieve very old years back versions which we didn't do regular snapshot. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.