It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Builder Error: There are multiple properties (different IDs) that have the same name

Ngan Nguyen Kim (133) | asked May 23 '22, 5:08 a.m.
Hello team,
When create a report via RS, using "Add attributes to the report", there are errors (for all custom attributes that I had created) saying: There are multiple properties (different IDs) that have the same name.

I have been trying to research this error, any clue for resolving this?
Many thanks for your support,
Ngan

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered May 23 '22, 8:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think these are displayed as warnings rather than errors.
The link Fariz provided above didn't work for me. I think the extra trailing '.' is the problem.
Here is the corrected link: https://jazz.net/library/article/95747

Consider the following use case. In some application, you have defined the following properties:
Since these two properties have different RDF URIs, they are not semantically equivalent, and are likely to represent different data and usage.In other words, you have two semantically different properties both named "Priority".
You can still report on either or both properties in Report Builder. However, your type system is now confusing because these properties potentially have different meaning and usage but have the same name. Hence the warnings in Report Builder.

Ngan Nguyen Kim selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ngan Nguyen Kim commented May 25 '22, 12:17 a.m.

Thank you very much David. This is a clear explanation.

One other answer

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (904613) | answered May 23 '22, 5:36 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Ngan,

I believe you have URI issue. I suggest checking out article https://jazz.net/library/article/95747. If this does not help you, pls open IBM support case.

Comments
Ngan Nguyen Kim commented May 23 '22, 6:22 a.m.

Thank you!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.