It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

can not download installation from Jazz.net

Kevin Chen (61) | asked Dec 10 '09, 11:46 p.m.
Dear Jazz website admin,

we almost can not download anything from Jazz.net. The installation package is huge,and network is low & unstable. it's almost impossible to download RTC/RQM installation completely from Internet. Many clienst complaint it .

could u pls improve it? if nobody can download it, who can envalute or try it?

i think you can use IBM download director, or other ways like it.

B.R.
Kevin DJ Chen

Comments
Carsten Schipke commented Aug 27 '10, 12:00 p.m. | edited Mar 16 '15, 6:23 p.m.

Hi,

I want to join this request. I work for a german software company, and since 10 months i am in shanghai / china to support our chinese sub company. my tasks are process & quality improvement as well as training of our chinese staff.
since almost 9 months, i start every few weeks a try to download RTC because i want to evaluate it and create a proposal for our company to replace our 10 self-made outdated internal systems that provide exactly the same features as your all-in-one solution does (or better, what i expect it to cover - since i could not try it yet).

what i want to say is, we have to shut down our workstations when we leave work. and by now, my working day has never been long enough to download the rtc client and server.
after reading this forum, i feel a bit stupid that i never had the idea to use a download manager :) but the point is, average speed of 5KB/s and regulary interruptions without possibility to resume are just as outdated as our internal software.

i dont know the exact relation between rational and ibm, but i think both companies even have offices in shanghai.... and wtf is so complicated in setting up a mirror? why you still didnt made it, after more than 8 MONTHS???

PLEASE!! i love your products, PLEASE HELP ME to show the people i work for, what software development means nowdays. it is really embarrasing for a company like rational (and i am sure you have the infrastructure, even in china) to provide the same download speed as a private torrent tracker at the end of the world.

i mean, even if you dont have the infrastructure, why you can not add at least the express-c edition to sourceforge or similar? or let the community take care for it!? i think it can not be too hard to maintain one additional source. but ok, i dont know your internal processes... anyway, i heared about a tool for this.... what was the name? i forgot, sorry.

i mean ok, its china, maybe this is your way of copy protection - btw. really a good solution. but at least express-c!? it is a 1,3bio people market that you try to avoid! even those google guys didnt dismiss - hello? who needs google if you can have baidu!!!!

Keoni Morrell commented Mar 16 '15, 3:30 p.m. | edited Mar 16 '15, 6:22 p.m.

I've been trying to download packages from JAZZ.net for several days myself (in the good 'ol USA), and have been having several issues.  No matter my browser/settings, downloading just seems to stop at about 2.8 MB and just sit there...  0 kb/s for and never improves (The longest I let it sit was about 1 hour before I canceled it).

When I use the Free Download Manager that your web site suggests, it has no problem restarting the download after waiting for a few minutes at this point, however I feel that something is wrong...  the web site says the file is only about 108 MB, but I end up with a file over 1 GB on my hard drive.. and it's still downloading?  

I hope that this can be fixed.

2 answers

permanent link
Seth Packham (1.4k42213) | answered Dec 11 '09, 4:08 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kevin,

We've recently made an improvement to our download system to help ensure that downloads do not fail when there are network interruptions, but until we set up a mirror system with a mirror in China, we cannot improve the literal transfer speed. We are working on getting a mirror in China.

In the meantime, please see our download tips page. It gives some tips on download managers and accelerators that you can try. These should speed up the downloads and help you manage the experience.

If you have specific failures, please let us know the details.

Comments
Roei Goldblat commented Oct 30 '12, 2:36 p.m.
I am having the same kind of problem with:

I am already using the Free Download Manager from the Download TIPS...
Are there any other mirror sites I can get this 2211.3 MB file?

roeig@rafael.co.il

permanent link
Clarence Lee (6) | answered Oct 10 '10, 12:22 p.m.
You can try to clear the cookie and delete some useless files to empty more spaces to allow the download space

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.