It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Document Collaboration & Lotus Connections Co-Existence

Daniel Stefan Haischt (21412322) | asked Dec 27 '09, 12:45 p.m.
Hi,

I am using the Lotus Connections integration tech preview for RTC already and now I am wondering whether the MS SharePoint integration (aka Document Collaboration) feature can be installed on the same RTC server instance if it has been already augmented by the Lotus Connections integration feature?

What I figured so far is that both extensions are using some shared code such as com.mainsoft.runtime etc. but each extension uses a different version. I tried to merge both extensions into a single directory but that is probably the wrong approach.

Will the just described use case scenario be supported in the near future?

Thanks and best wishes!

Daniel S. Haischt

Accepted answer

permanent link
Dekel Cohen (14681) | answered Jan 21 '10, 3:46 a.m.
Hi,

I am using the Lotus Connections integration tech preview for RTC already and now I am wondering whether the MS SharePoint integration (aka Document Collaboration) feature can be installed on the same RTC server instance if it has been already augmented by the Lotus Connections integration feature?

What I figured so far is that both extensions are using some shared code such as com.mainsoft.runtime etc. but each extension uses a different version. I tried to merge both extensions into a single directory but that is probably the wrong approach.

Will the just described use case scenario be supported in the near future?

Thanks and best wishes!

Daniel S. Haischt

We will support it for the GA. For the technical preview we did not tried to support it.

Thanks,

Dekel Cohen,
Mainsoft
Daniel Stefan Haischt selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Cameron Nabeel (6) | answered Feb 03 '11, 2:45 p.m.
HI there, if you want to collaborate a particular document with other people/employees, if you want to make control on the visibility on the documents, if you want to track complete record of who saw which document and who made what changes, and if you want a highly secure environment, then you must consider having a
"Globalkap Document Collaborations Software". Three are a lot of other benefits of such software as well depending upon your needs. It is completely compatible with any previous program you are using.Find out more at www.globalkap.com

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.