It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why is it only possible to edit Planned For in a plan view, if a current iteration is set for the timeline?

Alexander Burk (2728) | asked Apr 19 '23, 4:43 a.m.
Hello,

in a plan view we were not able to edit the 'Planned For' attribute. We found out that this drop down is only available in case any Iteration of the Timeline of which the Plan-Iteration belongs to, is selected as "Current Iteration" (blue arrow indication on the Iteration icon). It does not matter which Iteration of that Timeline is selected as current.
In a Timeline without a current Iteration, it is not possible to edit 'Planned For' in a plan view.

It would be better if Planned For in a plan view is modifiable regardless of a Current Iteration.
Is there a reason for this behavior?

Best regards,
Alex

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 19 '23, 8:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 19 '23, 8:58 a.m.

As far as I can tell, there is no way for us to answer a "why" question. 

In this special case, as far as I can tell, this works for me. I can set the planned to an iteration in a timeline without a current iteration.

This is 7.0.2SR1. 

Alexander Burk selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Alexander Burk commented Apr 19 '23, 8:57 a.m.
The 'why' was meant to see if there is a specific reason for this behavior that I may not consider.

Looking at your answer we might have a bug.
As you can see in the screenshot, I am not able to edit Planned For.
In this special example, when I set a current iteration, it becomes modifiable.

Our Server is also on 7.0.2SR1.

Planned For not modifiable

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 19 '23, 9:02 a.m. | edited Apr 19 '23, 9:04 a.m.

If you want to set the planned for, you select the editor symbol in front of the item, click the down triangle select plan for and browse:

Sorry, image upload does not work for me atm.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 19 '23, 9:21 a.m. | edited Apr 19 '23, 9:21 a.m.

I can confirm that there is a different behavior when you configure planned for as a column and you want to select a value there, and the selected timeline not having a current iteration. I do not know why. This would be a defect or an enhancement request/idea.   

Alexander Burk commented Apr 19 '23, 9:44 a.m.
Thanks for confirming Ralph.
I will go ahead with a defect/enhancement request.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.