It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM commands fails if workspace alias or UUID is provided - Unmatched workspace

Rajat Krishnan (72122) | asked Jan 10 '22, 8:07 a.m.
edited Jan 10 '22, 9:02 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)
Hello,
Usecase :
I am trying to pass below scm command
lscm show history -r https://port-server/ccm/ -u userid -P xxxxxxxxx -C Light_Detect -w "_jHGuhsgdu7jhyuis-gH" --json -m all
But everytime i am getting this error (Unmatched workspace "_jHGuhsgdu7jhyuis-gH")

Environment Details :
SCM tool version
  • Build Id: RTC-CLIENT-I20190326-1753
  • Version: 6.0.6.1
EWM Version(ALM Server Version)
  • Version : 7.0.2

Based on above link the issue is resolved in 7.0.2 version but looks like the issue still exists(please correct me if i tried something wrong), please help me here with resolution :)

Thank you

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 10 '22, 9:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 10 '22, 9:22 a.m.
A workspace has a name like "My Workspace" or an alias or the UUID.

From documentation: The workspace to load. To specify the workspace, use its name[@repo], alias, or UUID[@repo].

I stand corrected. I would try to remove the quote characters around your UUID. I would try with name and alias first.

Please also check the reference documentation https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elm/7.0.3?topic=reference-source-control-command-line for how to get the workspace name or alias.

PS: Please do not post your user names or passwords.
Rajat Krishnan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 10 '22, 9:13 a.m. | edited Jan 10 '22, 9:14 a.m.
I'd use
scm list workspaces

to get a valid name and alias. The documentation seems to mention UUID's as well. I have never tried that. The issue mentioned above is only if the SCM client is not at the same version.

The UUID does not have spaces, so maybe try to leave the quotes out?

Rajat Krishnan commented Jan 11 '22, 2:52 a.m. | edited Jan 11 '22, 2:52 a.m.
Hello @Ralph Schoon,

Thanks for addressing my query but i tried without quotes as well but it didn't worked also w.r.t to workspace name what if anyone changes the workspace name ?
Lets take a scenerio in which my jenkins job is scheduled everyday, and the tool is generating report for changes made on workspace but if someone changes the name of workspace without informing the developer it may result in job failure (please correct me)

Thank you

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 11 '22, 4:05 a.m.
Using a workspace name was an option to get it working at all. If this is not an option, I would suggest to open a case with support. They will be able to ask for data. I have no way to figure if the UUID is correct.

If you use the Alias, my understanding, the alias should be consistent. If you work in Jenkins, make sure to provide the latest build system toolkit.

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 11 '22, 4:18 a.m.

Jenkins has a built in support to load workspaces by the way. The SCM command line is only required if you have to create custom load mechanisms.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.