It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Checkbox "Show only Work Items related to the current Global Configuration" when linking Work Item

Ulrich Simon (1513) | asked Apr 20 '22, 5:47 a.m.

I am working with a Global Configuration in DNG and EWM.

What I did so far:
1. Created a component in DNG and added its stream to GC stream.
2. Set in the EWM Project Area, in the settings "Show only Work Items related to the current Global Configuration", for Link Type "Tracks Requirement" the Found in attribute.
3. Created a Release in EWM Project Area and assigned it to GC stream.
4. Added the Found in attribute to the editor of the Story Work Item Type.
5. Created a Story and set Found in to the Release.
When I try to create a link from a DNG artifact to the Story, it is not shown in the list of work items when checkbox "Show only Work Items related to the current Global Configuration" ist marked.
What am i missing?

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Apr 20 '22, 9:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Which ELM release are you using?

Links between work items and requirments are usually stored on, and owned by, the work item.
If you are using 7.0.2, then you will also need to create a release link from the GC you want to use as a conetxt to the release associated with the relationship you created on the work item. You can find more information in https://jazz.net/library/article/96597.
Ulrich Simon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ulrich Simon commented Apr 20 '22, 10:58 a.m.

I am using 7.0.2. Thank you for the article. I missed the link in Global Config to the Release. After setting this, everything works as expected. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.