It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to force choosing a workitem when a specific resolution is selected

vinay kumar bondugula (7332972) | asked Mar 31, 3:29 p.m.

Hi All,

We had a request from one of the development teams to check the possibility of choosing a workitem when a specific resolution is selected. For example, while I am closing or resolving a workitem I have selected the action "Resolve" and choose a resolution "Resolved by another workitem". Like we are asked to choose a duplicate workitem when the "Duplicate" resolution is selected, when we choose "Resolve by another workitem" resolution it should ask to choose the another workitem. Please let me know in case of any clarifications.

Thanks,
Vinay

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Apr 02, 3:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no simple solution I would be aware of. The way you describe the UI acting is not possible to implement.

What would be possible, is an advisor. An advisor prevents an operation such as work item save to succeeds if certain conditions are not true. It is possible to use built in advisors and it is possible to write custom advisors.
So you could create advisors that prevent closing the work item with a certain resolution, unless there is e.g. a work item selected in a custom attribute "Resolved By".

It is also possible to write follow up actions, that do something after an operation. It would be possible, to write a follow up action that resolves a work item with a specific resolution, when there is a work item selected in a custom Attribute "Resolved By".

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.