Using LDCLIENT to load new URLS into JAS
CLM version = 6.0.6.1
O/S = Windows
I have two separate environments; prod & stage, each with their own CLM and JAS servers. When I export the client configuration from JAS in my stage environment, I used the following command:
lsclient -u adminUser:adminPassword > stagejas.backup
from the cli folder under JAS
When I review the contents of the stagejas.backup file I see URLs for the registered apps that reflect the prod env instead of the stage env:
"trusted_uri_prefixes" : [ "https://127.0.0.1/ccm/", "https://production.clm.server.url/ccm/", "https://localhost/ccm/" ],
versus
"trusted_uri_prefixes" : [ "https://127.0.0.1/ccm/", "https://stage.clm.server.url/ccm/", "https://localhost/ccm/" ],
According to the document found here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/ServerRenameAddendum
I should be able to correct the URLs in the stagejas.backup file and then load the corrected URLs back into JAS
ldclient -u adminUser:adminPassword stagejas.backup
However, when I try the command as shown, I get this error message
{
"error" : "Missing client data file! Use --help for usage instructions."
}
There is a -c option available which is described as follows:
If a client ID is specified in the file and the -c option is not specified, the corresponding client will be updated.
This is what I am trying to do, change the line for ccm which is represented by this client_id
"client_id" : "04f9c9aa839d4c8a9d3d75fe168b6fe7",
The example provided simply passes the "backup" file as an argument to the command. I also tried renaming the file as a json file but no change.
I also tried redirecting the input from the json file, "< modified_stagejas_backup.json" with the same result.
Has anyone successfully used the ldclient command to load client info into JAS 6.0.6.1?
Accepted answer
Hi Ryan
We have an article written on this scenario and have included the syntax for ldclient.
Command Syntax on Windows for Update (add -c if clientId does not exist on the server)
ldclient.bat -a https://<JazzAuthServerURL>/oidc/endpoint/jazzop -u UserName:Password prod02jas.json
In later version of Liberty (the one embedded with JAS 7.x) you can use the UI to update the values.
Hope this helps!
Regards
Shubjit
Comments
Ryan McBryde
Jan 13 '23, 1:21 p.m.