It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting work item associated with a changeset using lscm

Ved Kpl (133) | asked Mar 15, 1:35 p.m.

How can I get a work item associated with a changeset using lscm command line utility?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Mar 15, 11:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

lscm list changes <changeset> gives you that information.

Ved Kpl selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ved Kpl commented Mar 16, 2:29 a.m.

Thanks. It worked. I do get the work item UUID.  How can I get all information  inside that workitem (description, type, priority, etc) ?

Ved Kpl commented Mar 16, 2:44 a.m.

I am looking into "lscm query ... " or "lscm get ... " , but struggling to figure anything out yet. Am I on the right track?

Shashikant Padur commented Mar 16, 2:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
scm commandline does not get any other information related to a work item other than workitem uuid, id and summary.
EWM does not have a work item command line utility although you could use curl (search the forum and you will find some answers) or try https://github.com/jazz-community/work-item-command-line#rtc-work-item-command-line.

Ved Kpl commented Mar 16, 6:21 a.m.

Thanks, will look into this. 

Ved Kpl commented Mar 16, 2:12 p.m.

I downloaded WCL-V5.3.1-20210210.zip and ran wcl.sh. But it gives me the following error :

" -Djava.ext.dirs=/usr/lib/jvm/jdk-11.0.10//lib/ext:/usr/lib/jvm/jdk-11.0.10//jre/lib/ext:./lib:/tmp/plainjava is not supported.  Use -classpath instead.
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit. "

I am using java 11 on a linux machine.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 17, 5:25 a.m. | edited Mar 17, 5:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Consider using Java 8 which is actually supported for the JDK and the Plain Java Client Libraries. Plus there is an additional / in the paths above. Consider to review the format for JAVA_HOME and define one in the .sh file. 

The .sh file might not work, I develop with Windows and I can rarely test on linux.  

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (58.2k23642) | answered Mar 16, 3:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 16, 3:47 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.