It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the location of chrony.conf file for ELM applications?

satish gangurde (133) | asked Jan 10 '23, 2:22 a.m.
edited Jan 10 '23, 2:26 a.m.

In diagnostics in IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM) applications shows an error with code CRJAZ2056E for system clock after configuring new Network Time Protocol (NTP) server. And the cause is I did not add the allow parameter to chrony.conf file. The default configuration for chrony NTP server does not allow any connections to that server. 

I want to know the location of chrony.conf file.

Symptom:
You see the error message in Diagnostics page:
CRJAZ2056E The time was not retrieved from the <your-server> NTP server. More information: pool.ntp.orga: pool.ntp.orga. Make sure that the application server can reach this NTP server address. If the application server is not in a clustered environment, you might disable this diagnostic. To disable the diagnostic, go to the Advanced Properties page and clear the value for the NTP Server address property.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 10 '23, 2:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 10 '23, 3:07 a.m.

The diagnostic error is shown, if you do not have an NTP server configured. You have the following options:

1. Configure an NTP server. See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/IBMQuickDeployerConfiguringTheNTPSystemClock for how to do that.
  2. Suppress the error
Actually reading the error message tells you that.

As far as I can tell, there are public NTP servers in many regions of the world, so you can point to an available one. You can also ask the infrastructure guys in your company for the NTP server you should use.

If you want to setup your own NTP server - which is the only scenario where you would need to know where the chrony.conf file is located - please google for how to do that, or use the help or man pages of your server for how to. This file is not part of the ELM system, but part of the configuration of an NTP server on Linux/Unix. 

satish gangurde selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
satish gangurde commented Jan 13 '23, 9:29 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

I have followed all the steps shared by you and cross checked the NTP server address with other ELM environments also.
I'm unable to find chrony.conf file.
It's the same but still facing the same errror. 

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 13 '23, 10:20 a.m.

As I said, there is no chrony.conf file in ELM, that file is part of a unix based NTP server.

Check the NTP address that is used on your other systems and check if they do not have the the diagnostics issue. try to find out why your server can not reach a valid NTP server.  

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 13 '23, 10:29 a.m.

Talk to the administrator of your NTP server to allow connections from your ELM system. They can change the chrony.conf file.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.