It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RAM allow attachments to assets?

Ryan McBryde (5911130) | asked Dec 14 '22, 10:32 a.m.

I know that this is a basic question so therefore I am hoping that should also be a simple one.

Does "Rational Asset Manager, 7.5.2.3"  allow for attaching items; files, bitmaps, docs, etc. to the assets in RAM?  I understand that you can embed such items but I am asking if you can attach similar to how you attach to work items in RTC?

I am not looking to attach or embed at this time, but my management has asked that I "download all the attachments in RAM" and as best as I can tell, none of the assets have, or allow attachments.  

I am hoping that it's a simple yes/no answer.  Yes, they do or No, they don't.

Thnx

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Dec 15 '22, 3:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not sure if this question even belongs here. Rational Asset Manager is not a Jazz based product and also not listed in the products https://jazz.net/products  

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 15 '22, 3:19 a.m. | edited Dec 15 '22, 3:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can recollect RAM was a solution that allowed to upload and manage assets. The assets could be anything, e.g. files/archives etc. You would maintain additional metadata. In the instances I used, there was no option to upload attachments. You could upload versions of your artifact/asset and that was it.  

Ryan McBryde commented Dec 15 '22, 11:16 a.m.

Thank you Ralph.  My apologies for posting in the wrong forum.  You are correct that it is not jazz based.  Thanks for the comment on the attachments.  That is what I have observed in our instance of RAM.  Items such as word docs can be embedded in the asset content but as far as I can tell attachments are not allowed.  I appreciate the response. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.