It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking model elements to outgoing requirements

Ian Hunter (232) | asked Oct 18 '22, 12:26 p.m.

Hello

I'm using Doors NG with Rhapsody 9.0.1 (with Design Manager).

I can view my incoming requirements (requirements placed on me by my customer) within the model, and can generate OSLC links between model elements and the requirements.

My problem is associating model elements with outgoing requirements (requirements I want to place on my supplier). All of the OSLC link types are based on the model responding to a requirement (Derives From, Refines, Satisfies, Trace). But in this case I want the requirement to respond to the model element. I'm looking for something like "Satisfied By" but it isn't there.

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as drawing the arrow the other way around as the link information is stored at the source, and the requirements are read only in the model.

This should be straightforward, so am I misunderstanding how the tool should be used?

Many thanks
Ian

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Oct 27 '22, 3:28 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 27 '22, 3:30 p.m.

RMM only allows OSLC linking of Rhapsody model elements to requirements using the 4 link types you already identified (Derives From, Refines, Satisfies, Trace).

This help doc shows the different OSLC link types across the ELM OSLC domains:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elm/7.0.2?topic=services-links-across-oslc-domains

An RFE would have to be requested to support additional link types.

As a reference (which may help any reader of this question), here is some documentation on creating OSLC links from within the Rhapsody client:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.rmm.overview.doc/pdf/link_to_remote_artifacts.pdf

Ian Hunter selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.