It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does DNG any verrsion have a Microsoft Powermate/App connector?

Michael Sweger (131) | asked Jul 16, 3:28 p.m.
I have doors classic v9.7.x and DNG v7.0.3 installed on my laptop with Windows 10 Pro.  We are automating the approval process along with various managers getting an email to digitally sign the pdf word document on the signature page using a PIV/CAC card.  DOORS classic and DNG haven't put this type of functionality into their product line although a different way of doing it is done but not what we want to do it.

Therefore, the workflow with the approval and signature process is being done via Microsofts Powermate and PowerApps (if needed) to do this. However, to do this, one needs to  export a requirements document  to PDF and then add the signature lines (DOORS can't do this). Then the workflow in Powermate is use to send to Adobe Acrobat signing site (requires subscription) to then use approver digital signatures from their PIV/CAC cards since they already have to sign into the tool using it. Then the files are saved sharepoint.  To make most of this happen, Powermate/Apps uses connectors to sharepoint and adobe acrobat sign. There may be other connectors one can use if needed. I checked the desktop free Powermate version and they are up to 5K plus connectors.  

So my question is, Powermate doesn't seem to show a connector to the DOORS classic or Next Generation or any of the the ELMS tools. This includes Rhapsody too etc. I assume if Microsoft doesn't have a connector that one needs, the vendor of the tools one uses may have a connector that can be imported and added to Microsofts workflow Powermate tool.  Does such a connector exist that one could use?  I'm not sure if OSLC could be used behind the scenes to implement such a connector?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.