It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing requirements from DOORS Next to Rhapsody (not from DOORS)

Alpin Yalci (361) | asked Dec 14 '22, 1:55 a.m.

Hello all,

Sorry for asking such a basic question. I've been using early versions of DOORS, and now I am using DOORS Next. Nothing wrong about using the web-based app. But almost all of the tutorials and manuals around describes importing requirements to Rhapsody from DOORS, not DOORS Next. And, once I try to do it via the Gateway app, it fails and says something like, "No DOORS installed". Is there anybody out there to tell me what I am missing. 
Thanks in advance.

Comments
Amalia Styers commented Dec 14 '22, 8:36 a.m. | edited Dec 14 '22, 8:45 a.m.

I also facing the same issue.

Ian Barnard commented Dec 14 '22, 8:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not sure you import requirements into Rhapsody from DOORS Next in the same way you used to with gateway importing from DOORS - instead the requirements stay in DOORS Next and you link to the requirements in DOORS Next.  

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alpin Yalci (361) | answered Dec 15 '22, 1:24 a.m.

Thanks for the comments and answers. I figured out that I need to switch to Rhapsody Model Manager (also web-based) to integrate with DOORS NG. Rhapsody Design Manager (desktop app) only integrates with DOORS. 

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Kristofer Carlson (533) | answered Dec 14 '22, 9:29 a.m.

When we export from DOORS Next 7.0.2 to DOORS Classic, we have to ensure everything to be exported is in a module. We then create a ReqIF package and send that to the DOORS Classic admin for importation into their system. This works, except that links to other project areas (artifact reuse) are blank.

I'm sure you've tried this, but IBM has a tutorial on your topic.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.