It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

During JTS setup - JRS setup connecting to data source will not accept the DW password

Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | asked Aug 26 '22, 2:22 p.m.
6061 ifix26
oracle 19c

running jts setup, we get to setting up the jazz reporting server - I click on the connect to data soure and it prompts for the DW password.  I key it in, as I've done for every other product and it fails saying the password is incorrect.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this before, but don't recall how it was fixed. All help greatly appreciated

One answer

permanent link
Ian Barnard (2.0k613) | answered Aug 30 '22, 3:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 31 '22, 3:10 a.m.

I've seen something similar when setting up a test env running the commandline repotools setup, when the hostname in the database connection string was wrong and wouldn't resolve to an IP address - the setup then seems to revert to an also-invalid derby database connection and asks for the password for this, which of course also doesn't work.

I imagine the same thing might happen if the port or user id+password were wrong.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.