It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Add Widgets" button not available in dashboard

Sim Singh (211) | asked Nov 29 '22, 10:51 p.m.

Hi there,

I can't seem to add widgets to my dashboard as the "add widgets" button is not there. How do I enable this?

TIA

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 30 '22, 8:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The personal dash boards in the JTS do not have a mechanism to prevent them to be changed.

The personal dashboards in DOORS Next have permissions associated with them. It is accessible in the project area editor and can be searched. To modify the personal dashboard, the user needs to have a role that has this permitted. By default this is not permitted for the everyone role.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sim Singh commented Nov 30 '22, 6:47 p.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for your prompt response.

To follow up, I do have administrator role with all permissions allowed and am trying to set up a project wide dashboard. I have searched through the "Manage project area" section but have not found anything related to widgets so far.

I appreciate your input!

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 01 '22, 2:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The ability to modify dashboards is controlled by permissions, period. There is no mystical check box for special widget modification capabilities.

I do not think that the built in process templates have a Role named Administrator

If you mean, you have the JazzAdmin Repository Role, or you are member of the Administrators in the project area management, I have to tell you, that you do not have any permissions. The only 'permission' being JazzAdmin gives you is an ability to see data others can not see and provides you with an administrative override that allows you to make yourself member of a project areas administrator and members, create roles and assign yourself roles. 

So my suggestion is to carefully check and make sure you add your user to the members of the project area and give yourself a role that has the permission to modify the dashboards. You can create a role that has all permissions and assign it to you. That is what the override allows you to do. 

Sim Singh commented Dec 14 '22, 8:01 p.m.

Thank you for your assistance! This worked. I assumed that since I am the admin of the project area, I was also a "user" but alas this was not the case. I added myself as a user and then gave myself administrator role and it worked.

Thanks! 

One other answer

permanent link
Nick Marmolejo (361) | answered Dec 14 '22, 11:51 a.m.

In the Manage this project, you need to add yourself in the users section and grant yourself the correct role, I don't know the role specifically, I usually grant myself all the project level roles for testing purpose.

As Ralph mentioned, if you are JazzAdmin you still need to add your account directly as a member of the project with the correct role to be able to add the Widgets.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.